Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Heartburn




So this is a little off topic but here goes. For the last 5 years, beer occasionally will cause my chest / throat to hurt. It feels like I swallowed a golf ball. For a while I thought I was allergic to alcohol, yeast, wheat, or some type of preservative. However, I have now come to the conclusion that it is simply heartburn. Last night I encountered a case of said heartburn while drinking a delicious homebrew from a buddy of mine at work (thanks for the Pale Ale Nate!).

Wanting to finish the brew without pain, I did some research. I read a site that said to 1) Drink Vinegar and 2) Eat a stick of celery.

This sounds really dumb but it worked wonders for me.



1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I am commenting here but, being a nurse, the title caught my eye. I came upon this site as my husband, of course, has this site marked in our internet tabs. Anyway, all I wanted to say was that this whole thing makes me laugh! It's quite amusing that beer has been making you sick for 5 years, yet you continue to both brew and drink beer and even create a blog about your relationship with it! It's all very funny to me.
    And you guys think your wives are stubborn...need I say more?

    Good luck with the next batch,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete