Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Double Down IPA

In honor of the upcoming twins boys that Michelle and I are having, I decided to brew two beer kits and combined it into one 5 gallon batch (double pleasure? double pain? double trouble?). As I was looking through the kits from my LHBS, I decided to do another big IPA. The two kits I chose was an Irish Red Ale and a double IPA kit. If that wasn't enough, I purchased some additional hops to use in the kit.

Brew day occurred on 5/17/10. Thanks to fellow master brewer Derek for helping with the brew. It was a little crazy with four kids (6,3,3,1) but we managed to get the job done.

The kits came with a total of 15.3lbs of malt extract. I estimated the OG to be close to 1.098. However upon measurement, the OG ended up around 1.108

No comments:

Post a Comment